Title: robusT Risk basEd Screening and alert System for PASSengers and luggage
Grant agreement no: 787120
Duration: 1 June 2018 - 30 November 2021
With regards to modalities, TRESSPASS project includes air, maritime and land (including car and train) border crossing points, and specifically also travel routes that combine different modalities. It excludes border crossings outside of border crossing points, such as happens with boats of refugees on the Mediterranean. With regards to threats, this includes smuggling, irregular immigration, cross border crime, and terrorism, including threats to the transport itself (so, including e.g. aviation security – per the topic text). It excludes other threats such as posed by state-actors.
TRESSPASS includes all tiers of the four-tier access model:
- measures undertaken in, or jointly with third countries or service providers;
- cooperation with neighbouring countries;
- border control and counter-smuggling measures, and
- control measures within the area of free movement.
- develop a single cohesive risk-based border management concept
- develop three pivoting pilot demonstrators
- demonstrate the validity of the single cohesive risk-based border management concept by using red teaming and simulations
- prepare for the further development of this concept beyond this project by linking to other known risk-based border management projects (in- and outside EU, within EU research frameworks and on national levels), and describe how their results contribute to a single cohesive risk-based border management concept.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 787120