Title: Advancing the CBRN forensic capability of the CSI Division of Hellenic Police
Grant agreement no: DG HOME/2011/ISEC/AG/CBRN/2149
Duration: 5 July 2012 - 4 April 2015
Links: DG HOME
The present proposal addresses the development of an integrated solution that will aid the Hellenic Police Criminal Investigation Division to perform advanced forensic activities in CBRN environments.
To this end the proposal foresees :
- To improve forensic analysis in CBRN conditions
- Specifically train the personnel to develop advanced knowledge on CBRN specific issues and responsibilities.
- Produce a specific manual on evaluating training of personnel that could be transferred to EU MS.
- Enhance the operational capacity of HP/CID to detect a vast array of CBRN materials
- Build a national scenario database that will aid CBRN forensic analysis
- Perform training of the Hellenic Police Criminal Investigation Division personnel to fully exploit the advanced capabilities of the proposed solutions and
- Provide an EU added value to the project, through a series of specific activities including focused workshops and targeted visits to exchange know-how and expertise to related EU Laboratories.
The completed outcome of the proposed action will contribute to the capacity building of the Hellenic Police Criminal Investigation Division through the enhancement of CBRN forensic analysis whilst at the same time reducing the uncertainties in the analysis.
The participating entities of this action are the MoCP's Center for Security Studies and the Crime Investigation Division of Hellenic Police which by constitutional law is responsible for conducting forensic investigation in Greece. The implementation of the proposal will be implemented through a following set of activities focused on the following phases:
Phase 1: Management (M1-M24) • Contact with EU authorities • Reporting • Financial Auditing
Phase 2: Preparatory Activities (M1-M6) • Operational requirements and infrastructure specifications • Contact with EU Law enforcement agencies
Phase 3: Acquisition of infrastructure (M6-M12) • Acquisition of infrastructure • Installation • Acceptance tests
Phase 4: Training Activities (M11-M18) • Training activities • Focused Workshops
Phase 5: Data exchange structure and infrastructure (M5-M21) • Scenario building for data exchange • Definition of data exchange protocols • Developing / Enhancing existing databases
Phase 6: Standardization process and Legal issues (M12-M24) • Standardization process • Legal and data privacy issues
Phase 7: Dissemination (M6-M24) • Web-site section in the Hellenic Police CID web-site • Targeted visits to EU Law enforcement agencies • Brochures / CD with referenced material • Publications on CBRN forensics Analysis Manuals
This project has received funding from the European Union’s DG HOME/2011/ISEC/AG/CBRN/2149