The Center for Security Studies, in cooperation with the Foundation for Research and Technology (FORTH), Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (AUTH) and the Greek Self-Regulatory Body for the content of the Internet (Safenet), under the European Programme Directorate General DG HOME AFFAIRS of the EU, have created the Greek Centre for Cybercrime (GCC).
On a national level, GCC directly benefits the local LEAs to fight cybercrime. Greece ranks very high in reported metrics related to cybercrime infrastructure support. Thus the local LEAs are often called first to deal with cybercrime incidents and any advances in cybercrime training, research, and education provide significant benefit to them.
The objectives of GCC are to:
• advance cyber crime training and relevant University education in Greece
• improve research in focused areas of cyber crime such as botnets and cyberattacks
• mobilize the Greek constituency in the area of cyber crime
• collaborate with similar centres so as to maximize the uptake of the results
GCC will unfold a two-pronged cybercrime training and education initiative:
• On the one hand, a set of University courses will be developed which will improve the cybercrime understanding for a new generation of scientists and law students.
• On the other hand, a set of short-term highly-focused training courses will target existing LEA personnel and employees of the industry in order to improve their understanding of cybercrime and improve their day-to-day response.
Combining the expertise and the know-how emerging from the collaboration with KEMEA, the one of the national industry, academia and law enforcement GCC aims to promote the state-of-the-art in cybercrime investigation. At the same time, capitalizing on the excellent research record of its consortium, GCC aspires to become established as a centre of excellence in the area of cybercrime research.
With the financial support of the
“Prevention of and Fight against Crime Programme”
European Commission – Directorate-General Home Affairs
Visit the GCC website at www.cybercc.gr