Since 2007, KEMEA is collaborating with John Jay College of Criminal Justice of the City University of New York (CUNY).
The collaboration between KEMEA and John Jay College of Criminal Justice includes:
• graduate scholarship programme at John Jay College,
• research programmes and reults publications in common ineterest sectors such as International Crime, International Terrorism, Internal Security, Human Rights relevantly to Law Enforcement, Security New Technologies, New Threats and Contigency Plans,
• co-organization of workshops and simulation exercises,
• academic seminars and conferences at John Jay and at ΚΕΜΕΑ with the participation of high and medium ranked officials within the framework of the "Policing Across Borders: “Strengthening the Role of Law Enforcement in Global Governance” " Programme.
Up to now the following activities took place:
1) 4 graduate scholarship programmes at John Jay College (accomplished since January 2011 for 2 Hellenic Police Officers and 2 Hellenic Fire Brigade Officers to whom a full scholarship was awarded for the preparation of graduate studies in Masters level) and
2) co-organization of 6 practicing labs with participants of government representatives originating from the following countries: Italy, Albania, Bulgaria, Turkey, having as a topic Terrorism, Human Trafficking, Drugs, and Migration & Security.
Several Law Enforcement Agencies, NGOs, and Academic Institutions representatives, form Greece, Italy, Bulgaria, Albania, Malta, Spain,Bosnia-Herzegovina, and Turkey, participated in the above-mentioned seminars.
The 1st Volume of Conclusions has already been published, titled "Law Enforcement Networks and the Challenges of Crime Control", Policing Across Borders, Springer ed. 2013
*** The activities had been financially supported by "STAVROS NIARCHOS" Foundation (SNf).
Beyond the above-mentioned co-operations KEMEA and JohnJay College of Criminal Justice agreed and further collaborates in:
• The International Conference which will take place in Greece 11-14 June 2014
• The continuation of scholarship granting from KEMEA to Greek Officers of the Law Enforcement Agencies
• The bilateral realization of Graduate Studies Programmes in Greece, in the Security Sector
Visit John Jay College of Criminal Justice website.